Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: opinions 4 p5 wishlist

qbert opened this issue on Dec 29, 2001 ยท 6 posts

ockham posted Sun, 30 December 2001 at 11:51 AM

Three things: 1. Poser should keep track of which directory you last used for each type of file. If I picked up the PZ3 from folder P, and then saved a rendered BMP into folder B, Poser should know enough to save the modified PZ3 back into folder P instead of putting it in B where I won't be expecting to find it! By the same token, an exported .OBJ should go by default into the last place I found an .OBJ. 2. A "snap-to" action in animation, as in LifeForms, so that a complex walk can be developed without having to readjust every single frame to avoid the ice-skating effect. Alternately, export an animation file that LifeForms will accept. 3. Consistent rotation. In Poser's present system, the yRotate operates about an object's own axis, but xRotate and zRotate operate with respect to the universe. This makes some moves essentially impossible and others extremely difficult, requiring huge trial-and-error rotations of all three dials to make what should be a small increment. (If you've never run into it, try this: take a Box prop, scale it into a book shape so you can see where it is; set xRotate and zRotate to 90, then try to rotate the book itself in each direction. You'll find that two of the dials make the same actual move, leaving one direction without any way to adjust it.) It would be much easier to arrange things if all three rotations acted about the object's own axis.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies