Forum: Vue

Subject: Buy Vue....maybe not?

taliahad opened this issue on Dec 28, 2001 ยท 22 posts

LaurieA posted Tue, 01 January 2002 at 4:39 PM

TheWingedOne: Actually, I like both equally :o). Being a graphic artist by trade means that you can't likely get away from a Mac, because I've never worked for a prep house or magazine that doesn't use them exclusively. It was also the first computer that I ever used. There will always be a special place in my heart for the Mac. But I found that even when I had both my Mac and PC at home I rarely ever touched the Mac, mostly because all the software I had was pretty much for the PC. And then there was the problem of networking the Mac with our other PC's for broadband access. In the end, I decided to sell it because it got no use and I felt it could be of use to someone even if it was a little old. Turns out some music producer from New York City bought it so that he could run ProTools :o). So I know it got a good home...LOL. I still have my old Quadra 810 BTW, which did me pretty well in the last job I had. I could run Quark XPress 3.32, Photoshop 4 and Illustrator 7 on it, although not all at the same time ;o). And even at that, I usually had to reboot evertime I switched to another program just so that I had enough available memory to work with...hehehe. Who knows? Maybe I'll fire that up again someday :o). Laurie