Forum: Photography

Subject: Photos of the wife...Please critique...

APFrey opened this issue on Jan 04, 2002 ยท 26 posts

Rork1973 posted Fri, 04 January 2002 at 4:50 PM

Well, what kind of film did you shoot that on ? I think first of all that picking a better film will greatly improve results (in general I mean)...also, depending on the situation I think a green or yellow filter would make a big difference too. Anyway, about the photos, I think 3 and 5 are much better than 1,2 and 4....the contrast is a bit too high on the first 3 I think, although the 4th is very well done...I always like it when shadows on walls aren't too black and bold. Good job on that stuff. 1, 2 and 4 aren't cropped well enough to make them either balanced or very unbalanced, and I think the contrast is a bit too high. They are great photos, but looking at 3 and 5 I can see you can do much better than that ;) 3 and 5 are really awesome stuff. 3 is a bit underexposed, which is a bit of a shame. But with a bit more sharpness and most of all (try this out sometime) it would be absolutely world class with the lighting set up of 5.....you have a very pretty wife, and there's no reason why you should leave half of her beautiful face blacked out. But I like it anyway, very well done...could go on a front cover if you'd turn your camera 45 degrees. Oh, 5 is just amazing stuff......very, very good. Getting her closer to the lens would only destroy the impact, so very well done. Well, my compliments for all the great quality shots you got there! I'm looking forward seeing more of your kool work =) Bart PS Please don't see this as a way to bring your work down...I'm just thinking 'out loud' about how I'd do it...which doesn't have to be better than your own way :)