Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Am I Good? Buffy Texture using actual photos please evaluate!

Photopium opened this issue on Jan 04, 2002 ยท 59 posts

Photopium posted Fri, 04 January 2002 at 11:25 PM

Regarding the whiter circles under the eyes: This is a genuine trait of SMG. My guess is that her make-up artist is trying very hard to eliminate Dark circles that no doubt form from the stress of filming such important works as "Scoobie Doo: The Movie" and having to look at Freddie Prinze Jr. on a regular basis. On second glance at the cardboard standee in my room, and the source pics, it strikes me that she probably wears the goggles while tanning in a booth. At any rate, in all of the photos, the white is obvious. As for the copyright issue, it seems MikeJ is coming from an ethical place rather than a legal one. Last I heard, any image that is modified by a certain percentage is fair game. If I remember correctly, it's a suprisingly low percentage! (25% different is what I seem to remember.) Going from several photos to texture, I've say I've mangled the originals by at least 60%. There is no hair, there is background, there are no clothes. Eyes are shrunken, rotated and moved. The foundation is stretched and contorted. The edges are liquified and blurred. The actual cut and paste from source materials is about 10% and 3% of total image size respectively (two were used, one for lips only.) The texture template itself uses approximately 50% of it's space to the frontal head texture and eye portion. The rest is white space or other crap not sampled at all. I'm no mathematician, but I'd say numerically I'm in the clear. -WTB