Forum: Photography

Subject: Photos of the wife...Please critique...

APFrey opened this issue on Jan 04, 2002 ยท 26 posts

bsteph2069 posted Sat, 05 January 2002 at 5:21 PM

I was reading all the comments untill it occured that previous coments shouldn't and dont affect my opinion. I'll proably restate what has already been stated anyway. #3 is a killer! The top most interesting and the best in my opinion. I suppose five comes next HOWEVER it also is different because of the mask. The next is 1. Followed by the yin/yang of four and the siloutte of two. Very interesting stuff of course. IT's the hair that realy makes it so diverse and intersting. What could be done to make them better...That depends on what you want. The siloette of 2 may have been better if the cropping was not as close but that's my opinion. 1 is blown out on the lower right but that simply draws the attention to the eyes. Which is fine in my opinion. IF you were to post work the photo or attenpt the picture again it would be interesting to see what would happen if you also overexposed the upper section of the head. Four. That lamp you should kill that thing. It's a bit too strong. The Yin-Yang concept is great but there is just too much light on the right side of her face. I think. 5. There is so much potential and creativity and things you can do with this. Not to say you didn't do them. Just a comment. The cropping alone makes it the fun that it is. Some may say there is too much space on the left or the camera is too far. Personally I like it just as it is. Leave 5 alone. 3. Similar problem if it is a problem as #1. Blown out on the right side of her face. However It could also be left alone. It's pretty good! On second thought leave three alone too. The Slight greenish tent. IT could be your scanner. Have you tried nudgine the controols a little. Finally I know you dislike post production. BUT since you scanned them have you considered changing some of the pictures to a sepia tone? Thank you oh so much for sharing. Bsteph