Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: 60 Gigs not enuff disk to render

mosfet303 opened this issue on Jan 06, 2002 ยท 18 posts

ronknights posted Sun, 06 January 2002 at 11:33 PM

jval: I guess I didn't think you were trying to be insulting.. i just had to react to my last name being used. OK, as for Windows 2000, versus Windows XP in relation to Poser: If you do a search of the Poser Forum for this same sort of problem, you'll see that the consensus is that this problem is somehow related to Windows 2000 and Poser working together. Many of us will never bother to adjust our swap file size. We are told that more recent versions of Windows do the best possible job of taking care of virtual memory for us. If memory serves, others had messed with those settings, and it didn't help much or at all. I was hit many times by that out of disk space error... too many times...with Windows 2000. I got it only once with Windows XP. Windows XP is more than a refinement of Windows 2000. Windows XP is the first version of the Windows operating system that radically breaks free of the old "legacy" curse. Windows XP doesn't try to remain backward compatible for DOS and Windows 3.0 users, etc. Windows XP is the first Windows operating system that is essentially the same for Home and Pro users. There never was such a correlation between Windows 2000 and Windows 98 or Windows ME. At any rate, I wish you the best.