Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Am I Good? Buffy Texture using actual photos please evaluate!

Photopium opened this issue on Jan 04, 2002 ยท 59 posts

Nance posted Tue, 08 January 2002 at 2:00 PM

"(remember oil paint and canvas?)" Yes, and surgeons still remember stone knives and axes. "How can mastering the realism of Poser, being able to make realistic textures and clothes lead to a significant career of some kind?" Well, commercial clients tend to like it that way. (Duh!) Seriously, are you not familiar with the current trends in commercial illustration and animation... from print, to web design, to television spot advertising, to video games, to Saturday morning cartoons, all the way to feature films? Granted that obviously the Poser app itself is rarely the sole or final tool involved, it is yet an efficient and highly capable tool to have in ones arsenal. To disregard it as merely a toy is reminiscent of the attitude of some of the long forgotten commercial artists of 25 years ago regarding the emergence of the first computer paint programs -- that eventually led to Photoshop, now the ubiquitous tool in the commercial art world. If you are not joking or Trolling here, then indeed the industry has passed you by and perhaps you might want to just check into house painting. -unusually snippy Nance (why do I let myself get suckered into these things?)