Forum: Photoshop

Subject: Watermaking a image

CG_artist opened this issue on Jan 06, 2002 ยท 13 posts

Beretta619 posted Tue, 08 January 2002 at 5:21 PM

Urm... digimarc is completely free for up to 99 uses per year (it's the honor system) The version in PS 6.0 is NOT a demo. it is the full blown filter. The only costs that come into play are if you choose the marc spider service, ($79/yr) which is basically a search engine that roams the web looking for your images on sites, or if you mark more than 99 images per year.. At which point the price becomes $149 for up to 999 images (that's like 15 cents per image) While the above mentioned free subscription is only valid for one year, each year they send you a reminder to reactivate the subscription (I've used them for almost 5 years now, and have never paid a dime (then again I only create perhaps a dozen images a year) So, I dunno where the previous posters got these wild ideas about hefty prices, or somehow being limited in choices (did you guys even do a little research?) Btw, the watermark IS invisible. It's a digital watermark, not an optical one. If you want an optical one, just create your watermark image as a new layer, and set the transparency to like 30% or something (as was mentioned above) P.S. if you are some sort of rendering maniac who creates up to 4,999 images / year. The price rises to $529, but the cost per unit drops to a dime ($0.10US)