Forum: Carrara

Subject: Is Carrara for me?

MaxBeckett opened this issue on Jan 22, 2002 ยท 10 posts

MaxBeckett posted Mon, 28 January 2002 at 9:19 AM

Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer my question. I spent several days last week playing around with the demo. And I must say that I really do enjoy working with Carrara. I cant really comment on final rendering since thats disabled in the demo version, but I do fing it to be a well organized piece of software. Its pretty easy to find what youre looking for and to just basically find your way around. I also find it easier to visualize what Im doing in the modelling room compared to other software Ive tried before. Thats not to say that its perfect, theres always stuff that can be improved. In any case, I (well, the company) missed out on the 30% discount (unless its been extended again). My supervisor is okay with spending the money, but for the last month pretty much every single little expenditure is put under the microscope, so the expense has yet to be approved by the higher-ups. Hopefully business will start picking up soon or well end up having to bring pencils from home. : ) Thanks again for the input folks.