Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Duz it help to clear out files in Poser?

Tashar59 opened this issue on Jan 29, 2002 ยท 15 posts

shadownet posted Wed, 30 January 2002 at 12:23 AM

Keep in mind that you can use the import command to import props (pp2) So you can store these in a folder outside Poser and import as needed. You can also do this with textures and get them out of the runtime sub directory and put them in another location. When promped for the location just go to the folder where you keep the textures - I would leave the Poser default texture where they are. Also, if you use a short cut in your Runtime:texture subdirectory and point it to the outside folder you can get to it quick and easy. I am still waiting to see how it works out in the long run but I am trying something new with Poser. I set up two versions of Poser on my hard drive - one in which I install and save more or less everything. The other is a near factory default version, with just the folders I need to work with loaded up - such as geometry, only the cr2 figures I use often, with the same for pose and mat files, etc. I work in it and move stuff in and out as I need it. This is easy, if I decide I need a set of poses, let say, stored in my loaded down version of Poser I just pull up windows explore, go to the Pose library and copy the pose presets I want over to my working copy. When I am done, I delete the stuff I added that I no longer want/need. This seems to be helping, only time will tell though.