Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Duz it help to clear out files in Poser?

Tashar59 opened this issue on Jan 29, 2002 ยท 15 posts

shadownet posted Wed, 30 January 2002 at 7:51 AM

I install stuff once to one Poser folder and then copy the stuff I want to use from there to my working folder. This gives me more control over what goes where but also means I may miss something from time to time - such as a geometry obj the author puts in the Character library instead of in the Geometry folder. I either go grab it and stick it where it wants to be in a folder in the Library or else I move it to the Geometry folder and hack the cr2/pz3 to point to the new location. The biggest prob I have run into with this setup so far is with Textures. I always seem to miss moving one or more that I need over, so Poser keeps pestering me to locate the files. More a nuisance than a problem. I think if my Texture folder was better organized I would have less prob in this area, for now I have simply moved the texture sub directory back to my working version. Atleast until I come up with a better way to work it. Oh, I also strip out all the stuff from the working Poser I don't want/need - much like ElectricArdvark mentioned. Best of luck. If you come up with some really cool solutions to this prob let us know.