Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The FEW faces of Vicky

Fracture opened this issue on Feb 05, 2002 ยท 69 posts

Thorne posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 3:39 PM

I agree with Z on that- magnets are good also but you can only do so much with them. Quite a few of my faces have been modeled by "hand"- that is I exported an OBJ of Vickie's head, took it into my modeler, and moved the points around individually to smooth out the nose, or to make a head be more symmetrical that had been slightly overmorphed, for instance. Victoria's HEAD object consists of 10,041 vertice points, no more and no less. That is considered HIGH resolution. Posette's head has only around 3,000 vertice points, so you can see the difference, even though in my opinion the default Posette is much prettier thant the default Vickie head, which must have caught fire during development and they put it out with a sledghammer. ;o) Still it is the VERTICE count that is everything- and any conceivable item that can be constructed from 10,041 vertice points (and that could be just about anything!) can be a "morph target" for Victoria's head. you could even make her head into a boxcar for that matter, with sliding doors! Beware of any company requiring exclusive use of their morphs only... we may be seeing that come to pass and it is a disturbing trend. Free Vickie from the tyranny of proprietary morph targets!!! Use Vickie One!