Forum: Carrara

Subject: Problem with Toon extension

nyar1ath0tep opened this issue on Feb 06, 2002 ยท 5 posts

ewinemiller posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 6:58 AM

nyar1ath0tep, I did a quick test render on Windows 2000, not the same but memory usage should be similiar. At 3200x2400, with Toon! Carrara shoots above 220 meg several times during the render, peaking at about 285 meg even with a very simple scene. Behind the scenes, Toon! uses a bunch of the gbuffers (even ones that aren't available to the end user) to calculate it's effect so it takes more memory than just a straight render. Granted, Toon! should fail gracefully when it runs out of memory, and I will look at that in the next revision of the DCG version of Toon!, but even that won't solve the problem. Try allocating more memory to Carrara (Toon! takes from the same pool). If there is no more memory to allocate, try rendering chunks of the image and stitching them together in a 2D app. Another option is, if you are comfortable sharing your scene and it's small enough, pop it into a SIT or ZIP file and send it to me. I can render it and somehow get you the output as a JPG or burn a CD and send if you are in the US. Good Luck, Eric Winemiller Digital Carvers Guild Freeware and commercial 3D extensions http://digitalcarversguild.com

Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild
Carrara and LightWave plug-ins