Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Gallery or Marcet Place and the Comments

Marcabros opened this issue on Feb 08, 2002 ยท 25 posts

fcoffill posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 5:35 AM

Thank you Marcabros, I am pleased that you enjoyed my work so much. It makes all of that gnashing of teeth, rending of hair, crashing of PC worthwhile. Out of hundreds of renders there are perhaps 2 that are worth the paper to print them.

I couldn't have done it without communities like this one. Without people like you who did comment, for better or worse.

I joined this community just over a year ago, when I first started to use 3dapps. Some of my 2d work did make the "Hot Lists" but really it is not important, really it is not. I am not here to win popularity contests, I am here to learn.

It is very likely that I would have thrown in the towel without the comments, tips and occassionally brutal critiques that I received in the galleries here and in other communities. Learning to use Poser has been one of the most brutal learning curves I have ever faced! Learning Rhino was easier... Bryce was a walk in the park, but Poser was a real nightmare.

Good Luck to you, and thank you again,

Frances Coffill

ps

An art teacher told me once that if even one person is affected by an artwork, regardless of the reaction, be it joy, anger, nostalgia, even disgust, then it is a success! If that person sees beyond his emotion into the artist's soul, then it is a great work of art.