Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Sometimes it just doesn't pay....or does it...

rudipooimf opened this issue on Feb 15, 2002 ยท 13 posts

melanie posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 11:35 AM

This is sort of a sidetrack of the topic, but I remember going into someone's download site (can't even remember who is was or where--it was some time ago), but I remember seeing a small mention on their site that said something to the effect of (not an exact quote), "if you download any of my things, be sure to say thank you in my guest book because I work hard on these things." Now, that one was asking for gratitude. I have a small collection of things on my download site and so far everyone has been very positive and complimentary about them, even though they're pretty simplistic and not as well made as other folks here, but I mostly do it for the fun of it. I don't ask for kudos and I also allow people to use these things in any project they wish (both commerical and personal) without written permission. If someone finds a use for my stuff, great, if not, oh well. I just enjoy creating and giving. If I should receive a complaint or negative comment, I'll try to deal with it on an individual basis with that person. I don't think it's necessary for people to come into a public forum to voice complaints about things they've downloaded for free. If they have a problem with it, they can e-mail the person who created it and try to work out the problem privately. It's disheartening to be bashed in public. Now, if they paid money for something, then the public needs to know if there are flaws or glitches in a product. Then they have a legitimate gripe. But even then, maybe they should try contacting the artist first and if they get no response, then take it to the public. Just my two cents worth. Melanie