Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Free Download

Uzilite opened this issue on Feb 14, 2002 ยท 87 posts

VirtualSite posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:19 PM

You know, just a small second thought..... I used to be involved with this guy whose family had a particularly bizarre set of traditions around Christmas. Instead of getting, say, his mother a robe, he'd buy three of them, wrap one, let her open it, then show her options 2 and 3. She'd pick one, and he'd return the other two to the store. Now I admit, I can see a certain practicality in that. But when I bought him a DVD player and a set of carving knives, both brands that he had very specifically asked for, only to see them both returned "because I can get you a better deal on these someplace else", I figured, screw it, what's the use? It wasn't a gift anymore, it was... well, a non-gift at that point, I guess. Bottom line? It's a gift, people. If it's not the right size or the right colour or the right this or the right that, no one says you have to download it. If it's not available because of bandwidth, send the donor an e-mail and ask real pretty if he/she will send it to you. Sometimes they will, just cause you asked so nice. If it doesn't work the way you think it should, send them an e-mail and explain what the problem is. Maybe it's something they hadn't figured on when they built it. If there's something seriously wrong with it, send them an e-mail and tell them. And by the same token, if it's something really nice, send them an e-mail and tell them. It takes all of ten seconds to do. And I don't think any of us are under such tight schedules that we can't write a short note.