Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: **NEWSFLASH*** Someone is giving away beta copy of poser 5 on Morpheus.

farang opened this issue on Feb 22, 2002 ยท 38 posts

jstro posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 8:33 AM

I use a program similar to Morpheus to exchange files occasionally, but never to steal. Peer-to-peer file exchange is a huge research topic, and holds great potential both for abuse and for legitimate collaborative work. What I use my "theft condoning type programs" for is to share out models I made for others to help me analyze what is wrong with them, and vice versa, and to get large AVI tutorials from fellow modelers demonstrating their modeling technique. With the limitations on disk space (my web host limits me to 20MB and GB/month throughput) at most web hosting sites, along with file size limits on e-mail attachments by many ISPs, it is sometimes the only alternative. I agree the risks are high for anyone who would be foolish enough to use these types of applications to get Warez products, and you would deserve any virus you obtained by such action, but just wanted to point out that there are legitimate reasons to use peer-to-peer software especially in a collaborative work situation. Only share what you make, only exchange with people you trust. jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.