Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How fast is a P4 anyway ?

gstorme opened this issue on Feb 23, 2002 ยท 72 posts

Shatter posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 2:39 PM

I got 3 different times on mine AMD 1.3 GHz 256meg RAM The first time my lighting was off a bit and i got 1 min 3 secs, Second time i had my lighting and everything right and i got it in 57 secs. Now this is one that triped me out at the time of doing this I heard my HD make a strang esound and being the freak i am i poped open my box while this was rendering to see what was up... anyhow long story short it rendered in 43 secs (yes i had to rerender it cause i forgot to watch the timer when opening the box up so i guess its technically my 4th) Only thing i can guess is its a fluke or maybe if we keep the processor a hair cooler we get better render times. though i thought air flow made more of a difference. Anyhow this is very interesting to me and I am willing ot put a site together for this if you are all interested. I am interested in seeing what the different OS's do and also maybe we could get some compairisons between Mac users and PC users on it. (heheh finally put to rest if the Mac is a good machine or not MAhahahahahah) anyhow if one or two of you would be interested in assisting me on this email me mayb ewe can come up with something and some ideas for it.