Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Shadow questions in Poser - NOT THE USUAL BG IMAGE PROBLEMS! =)

markdotcom opened this issue on Feb 25, 2002 ยท 11 posts

markdotcom posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 1:11 AM

I will definitely try saving some of the objects as props and inserting them back into the scene. I hadn't tried that since I saw the trouble with the Lava Bar (where you can either load the PZ3 file OR add everything individually, no shadows no matter what on those objects). Just to clarify, not having trouble with shadows, period. Just shadows on specific things. I even tried putting a primitive "inside" the imported mesh (to at least get SOME kind of shadow) and it STILL didn't cast a shadow. Those things are damned black holes! =) The only free stuff I can name off the top of my head was that toilet and the sink, and even the toliet-paper roll... but they seemed to have disappeared. Dont remember the artist off the top of my head, but it was Nojasto or something like that. See, these objects won't cast shadows while other objects in the scene (specifically Poser people and basic objects like cubes used for walls) will without any problems. I will definitely try saving these objects as props and reloading them. I had neglected to try that since I assumed it wouldn't work, based on my experience with the Lave Bar. Can you tell I'm sour on that? hehehe