Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Disturbing....quite frankly downright disturbing

gothgurl6669 opened this issue on Feb 25, 2002 ยท 68 posts

VirtualSite posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 2:50 PM

... which is great, Scott, but what do you recommend? Everything that's been suggested thus far is riddled with holes, either logically or practically. And I don't think anyone was really jumping on gothgirl over this -- we've seen this thread over and over, on this forum and C&D, so nothing here is that new. Frankly, I have no idea how best to control this stuff. Maybe something that automatically sends a message via the web to the creator on installation, but what if you're not connected to the web when you put this stuff into your Poser? What if the creator has changed e-mails and doesn't get the message? I think Hiram's right: the honour system only works with honourable people. And the warez kids aren't exactly high on the list when it comes to integrity. HOWEVER, I do believe it would do this place an enormous service to (1) immediately delete any requests for warez that appear in the forum board threads and (2) ban the asker. If you simply lock the thread, which has been policy for the moment, you still have the possibility that someone somewhere is gonna IM this child all the info he/she can eat. With it deleted, you lower the chances of that happening. And banishment from the site... well, that should be a given IMHO.