Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Disturbing....quite frankly downright disturbing

gothgurl6669 opened this issue on Feb 25, 2002 ยท 68 posts

gothgurl6669 posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 3:51 PM

First, as I said before, I wasn't trying to harm anyone or tell other people how to get free stuff, that was never my intentions. It was an honest concern for how easy things are to come across, especially if you ARE an unknowing person such as myself. There is no real way to tell if stuff is legal or illegal without being around a community and reading things. Some people just do not know. Frankly, without being around here, I would have never known that some Renderosity files were illegal to share. File sharing programs or download sites ARE misleading in that respect if you don't know. One of my teachers asked me if in fact the files WERE illegal because she had never heard of Renderosity. And frankly I do have to agree with ScottA, I'm not sure I want to post messages, or anything else for that matter for fear of getting slammed even when the comments, ideas, concerns, etc are helpful or to look out for someone else's work. I don't blame you ScottA for the concern you have, it is a valid issue. It seems to me people have a tendency to jump on ones ass for well meant attempts. I also don't hold you responsible for other's actions here. The only final comment I have is this: Ban me if you wish to, since that's what seems to be the most common of wishes here. I'm sure there are other places to learn and grow, especially as this is just a hobby for me since I'm going to school for Psychology. But for god's sake, grow up. Arguing and bickering will not solve problems, coming together to find a solution is the only real way to stop something like this. I was hoping that more people would see this, but aparently as someone pointed out in an earlier post, "They can't even organize themselves without turning on eachother." Not only does this hurt the community in general, but is a total lack of respect for emotions and feelings. I have spent the past 24 hours looking back, re-reading stuff...and FEELING GUILTY for something I didn't even do.