Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: "The Tailor" in the marketplace sounds almost too good to be true, is it?

farang opened this issue on Mar 01, 2002 ยท 97 posts

CodeTwister posted Sat, 02 March 2002 at 4:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.codetwister.com

Hi, sorry for the late of my reply. Yes! There is a different time zone problem, I live in Italy. To the problems now. As you know a model is composed by many files. The most important are the geometries (*.obj) of the meshes and the Cr2 files that describe how the geometries are used. The Tailor start the loading of a model with the Cr2 file, search any occurence of the geometrie files and load every obj file separatly. The geometries are linked to the Cr2 through line like: figureResFile:Runtime:Geometries:P4NudeWoman:P4NudeWom.obj or objFileGeom 0 0 Runtime:Geometries:hair:femaleHair106.obj

As you can see the files are indicated in mac file format and the root is not the real root of the path but the folder Runtime that, in the reality, is placed under the folder of the Poser installation.
The program must convert this pseudo path in the real path to find the files. To do this it searches in the registry information on where the poser is installed. If it failed in its research the files cannot be loaded because of the wrong path, so the program is unabled to show the mesh. Also... the morphs are linked to the obj through the specifications of the groups that must be the same in the Cr2 and in Obj... so no morphs are showed in the tree. The Tailor in its juvenile state lack to inform the user of this situation.

Morph and models are not showed
The cure:
In registry in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
in folder Poser3File/DefaultIcon should be the string:
(Default) C:POSER4POSER.EXE,1
that inform the system where must get the icons of the Posers files
Edit the string and set the exact path. The string must finish with ",1" (comma number one). See the attached picture.
I think to do an automate procedure to do this, next week, to help everyone that not has feeling with the registry.

For other problems with Cr2
The Tailor is tested with all models and clothes in my possess and it works perfectly, but the data structure of the Cr2 files is a nightmare so it is possible that some models or clothes does not loaded correctly. Do not worry with your help I am disponible to improve the program to avoid this problems or individuate what kind of anomalies are present in your Cr2.
CodeTwister