Forum: Carrara

Subject: Anyone else still use Ray Dream?

Pistola opened this issue on Mar 02, 2002 ยท 13 posts

Michael_C posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 9:30 AM

Attached Link: http://home.att.net/~JVNautilus/Hunley/reconstruction.html#Crew

I do all of my modeling in RDS 5.5 with almost no problems. I've tried Carrara a few times and have been put off each time by one thing or another. I don't like what I find to be a muddy interface sceen in Carrara. Some Carrara capbilities and changes from RDS are attractive however and perhaps I'll change over some day. Meanwhile though, when I want to get something done quickly, RDS works for me. Tired, I think there was a thread here or in the Poser forum on going between Poser and RDS or Carrara. You need to change the scale when you import. If an object I import is too small (or too large) I compare the size I got to the size I expect. Any dimension will do. I delete the imported object and re-import, changing the default scale (4") to say 40 if the object is 1/10 what I expect. Sometimes several tries are needed to get it right. If it's close, I make the final minor adjustments on the object after import. RDS does have a plug-in to import Poser 3 models. It chokes on conforming clothes and other Poser 4 improvements, but is OK for some work. See the link for some simple renderings done in RayDream with a number of Poser models imported via the plug-in.

My Store - My Gallery - My Freebies - My Web Site