Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Concerns about the galleries. Small debat inside, be warned.

BladeWolf opened this issue on Mar 04, 2002 ยท 120 posts

geep posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 1:29 PM

BladeWolf, I believe that you are exactly correct. - except that .... reality is sort of like this ... Poser provides the vehicle to allow a non-artist to create artwork(?) (i.e., nude females (and males)) without any, or very little, real artistic talent. Reality is, the world is a constantly changing place and right this minute, some "newby" is loading up Poser for the very first time. That person will see a Poser2 casual male, and think, "big deal." Then they find out that (oh-my-gosh!) there's a nude male and a nude female in my library! Oooooo wheeee! So, they load up Posette or Dork and start playing with poses, lighting, camera angles, etc. Then they get tired of that level. After a while, they discover (nude) texturing and "Voila!", a whole new aspect of the new "artist's" world is opened up. Then they discover Renderosity and say, "Hey, my babe (or guy) isn't too bad looking and I can "post" it for the WHOLE WORLD to see and maybe if I get lucky, someone will post a comment and tell me that I did a "great job!" So, what's wrong with that? Even a dog likes to be patted on the head once in a while, no? And, so they post ... (some good, some bad, some mediocre) their artwork and wait for their "pat on the head." It's the real world, and it takes all kind of people. I, also, agree with Mosca. Maybe this anecdote will help clarify that. **************************************************** An elderly woman who lived in a apartment building called the local police to complain that a man in an apartment was undressing in an open window and that she was highly offended by this. She said he did it every night at eight o'clock. Well, the police finally agreed to send a couple of officers to the woman's apartment that night to observe. Sure enough, at about eight o'clock, the man across the way started to undress right in front of his open window. One officer observed, "But, ma'am, you can only see him from the waist up!" "No, no!," she shouted, "Come over here and stand on this table. Then you can see everything!" ********************************************************** I guess the moral is .... If ya don't like the view, don't stand on the table! Last time I checked, nobody forced me to: buy a computer hook it up to the internet turn it on access the www log on to Renderosity click on the "Poser Forum" or "Art Galleries" link prowl around until ... Ah Ha!!! I've found something I don't like. Now, let's see, who can I report this to? Oh, I know, the admins, they'll handle it ... cheers, dr geep <---------------------------(getting down from table) ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019