Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Concerns about the galleries. Small debat inside, be warned.

BladeWolf opened this issue on Mar 04, 2002 ยท 120 posts

x2000 posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 2:32 PM

No matter how much you like doughnuts, if you eat nothing but doughnuts for breakfast, lunch, supper, and snacks in between, day after day, week after week, you're going to get pretty sick of them after awhile. Yes, there are some damn nice nudes in the gallery, but how good can even the greatest doughnut you've ever had really taste if that's all you've eaten for six weeks? It's not about nudity, at least for some of us. If 99.9% of the pics in the gallery were, say, alien creatures, we'd be reading rants about "Why the hell doesn't anyone do anything but aliens!". Yes, you can always just avoid the Poser gallery, as I usually do, but that's an awful shame for the few people who DO actually post something else. And it's also a shame for the people who do really spectacular nudes. But I don't foresee that changing any time soon. So either skim through the nudes until you finally find something else worth looking at, visit the other galleries (which aren't so one-track-minded), or, if you really want to make a difference, POST something else, fight the current, be a part of the solution. Not that we can't rant once in a while, but it's all been said a hundred times and nothing changes, so why bother? But still, yes, you are right, the Poser gallery is horribly monotonous, and saying so doesn't mean you're a prude or anything, just that you'd rather have a more balanced diet. But the Poser gallery is just a doughnut factory, I'm afraid, so head over to the Carrara gallery and have a pizza and some beer, then maybe stop over to the Amapi gallery for a burger and fries, then... And this, of course, accounts for Legume's popularity, by the way. That man's gallery is a buffet! Unfortunately, his cooking tends to cause a lot of indigestion...;)