Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Concerns about the galleries. Small debat inside, be warned.

BladeWolf opened this issue on Mar 04, 2002 ยท 120 posts

pendarian posted Mon, 04 March 2002 at 3:32 PM

Now are we talking about naked, naked, or scantily clothed babes with swords? I'm seeing in this thread that they seem to be kinda thrown in together. hehehe... I don't do nudes...I do however sometimes have scantily clothed females or males with swords wearing impractical aromor in my pictures. As Davo suggested some of this is influenced by Vallejo,Frazetta and many more well known artists. My images don't get a lot of hits or comments, I don't have nudes, or maybe my art just plain stinks :) Who knows...BUT I agree that the nudes definately get more hits, I have no idea why, because I don't look at them. I USED to look at them until I got so tired of wondering why no one put clothes on some of them (where nudity is appropriate for the artwork clothing isn't necessary) and I figured that part of it could be laziness. Either they don't want to spend the time looking for something that fits the scene they are working on, or they don't want to spend the time doing work arounds for clothing that doesn't sit well (the gotta hurry up and upload this to the gallery so I can show it syndrome instead of actually doing more work on the piece). Or maybe they just want to do nudes. Or maybe they don't have the money to buy the clothing and can't model or draw it on.... But, I have to agree, nude Vicki, Posette or whomever just standing, holding a sword...well, just doesn't do it for me, so I just pass them by. Now try to tell a story and that might interest me. BUT if that is what the artist wants to do, then who are we to say "stop it and don't do it anymore, do your artwork the way I want to see you do it." We don't have that right. Just don't look at it. Work on your own artwork and make it better...that's what I try to do everyday. Get better. And to remind myself that I do my artwork for me and not anyone else...as Davo said, just sharing is all. There are sooooo many other good artists, doing some really different things in the galleries, that it's unreal, but we hardly hear about them...not as much as we do the others and that has always perplexed me. I avoid the galleries of the ones that are better known here anymore, they already have a gazillion hits, and just as many comments and a lot of it is repetitive. Do I think that EVERYTHING in the galleries looks the same? No, that would be a very broad statement and pretty insulting to most of the artists that do post here, including myself. I don't think that my stuff looks like everyone else's...nor do I copy or take my ideas from those artists that are deemed in high esteem here. I just do what I do when the muse strikes me. Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox here, I'm sure I've said more then enough......