Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Concerns about the galleries. Small debat inside, be warned.

BladeWolf opened this issue on Mar 04, 2002 ยท 120 posts

Kendra posted Tue, 05 March 2002 at 9:08 PM

"That is an excerpt from my website. I posted it here because of something said much earlier in this "tiny" thread, by geep, something to the effect of Poser giving the ability to non-artists to create (question mark) artwork. First of all, I know geep to be an intelligent and nice guy, so dont take this wrong. But his comment cut just a little bit."

On the "is it art?" subject, why isn't it?

I've read the discussions but I still don't see it. To say (for instance) that Photography isn't a form of art does a disservice to someone like Ansel Adams. Anyone can take a picture but Ansel Adams' images are true art forms. I can pose, render, texture, etc and put out something I couldn't do in oils but someone else here could use the same images and create something truely remarkable.

So why are a few 3d software programs not considered a tool like the camera is? When is it art? What if I convert an image to a crosstitch pattern and spend days stitching it on linen, does it become art then? Don't tell me it's never art, you'll depress me. I have plans to spend a lot at Daz this week. ;-)

...... Kendra