Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: No more freestuff at The Eaglesgift.

virchual opened this issue on Mar 05, 2002 ยท 75 posts

Entropic posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 12:27 AM

It is both sad and ironic how two events so different can seem so similar when one doesn't know the details. You see, it is the details which set these matters separate. I've known Gabriel for quite some time. In fact, when StefyZZ's claim was brought against him, I was the first person to whom the information was brought outside of renderosity. In fact, there was at the time a spreadsheet comparison made of both lights sets by renderosity admin, which I still keep on my database. ( I keep everything ) Suffice it to say, the spreadsheet, while showing minor similarities between the two lights sets, was no more conclusive than comparing any two light sets. Coincidentally, all of the similarities were between at most 12 of the over 400 lights. What does this mean? It means that StefyZZ had every right to ask for a review, but that the review left absolutely no evidence of the claim. Thus, the lights set was returned, with Gabriel agreeing to change anything that Stefy might have a question about. The agreement was made by way of saying, "Let's make this matter water under the bridge, so we can all go on with our lives." And so it was... To date their have never been any grumbles by the actual parties involved, until Bebop arrived back on the scene... A lot of people would like to say that this matter is about Bebop being here under another nick, and getting banned again... But it's not. It's about a childish obsessive pirate being held responsible for his actions... Bebop/virchual's light set was not only an alleged violation, it was a proven incidence of theft and distribution, which, luckily for Peter Ansley, Gabriel has not decided to pursue to a criminal court. This is a man who feels that people who disagree with his unethical practices are directly imposing upon him, and so seeks to do them harm. Perhaps someday he will realize his mistakes and amend them, but, unfortunately, I do not hold enough faith in him to expect that. This matter has gone on for over a year, and is beginning to create a sickening feeling that remains even after Bebop's departure. As a community of good, ethical individuals, I hope we can all simply let his name pass from our lips, and let his memory disappear with it. Let anonymity and disgrace be his pennance.