Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: No more freestuff at The Eaglesgift.

virchual opened this issue on Mar 05, 2002 ยท 75 posts

Anzan posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 1:36 AM

You know... I'm right there with the next guy loving something for free.. god knows I spent enough in simply the last month between here and Daz to pay about half of my bills (sans rent) over again but its there. I also received high quality products for my buck, worth far more but I couldn't have bought it priced any higher. The "free software" idea always cracks me up, not to sound rude, but it's on my list of ideas that work there with communism, good idea if it'd work. I've done very little that I'm so proud of I'd sell (I tried once and I stumbled over so many copyright errors its sick... ignorant mistakes, but mistakes nonetheless) but I see the time there, I see the effort there... And I know what this sort of hobby costs - a lot. I hope to (once I have a better grasp of certain pieces of software) to be able to really contribute here as well, and if I do well, I'll sell some. Am I going to make a living? Hell no. But hopefully it'll defray some of the "costs of doing business." Yes.. poser is expensive but nothing compared to lightwave or 3D Studio Max. Thats just my take... nasty business, this. Anzan