Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: No more freestuff at The Eaglesgift.

virchual opened this issue on Mar 05, 2002 ยท 75 posts

MaxxArcher posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 6:23 AM

gabriel, First of all, I DO appologize if I gave you the impression of wanting to patronize you or not to believe you. I DO believe you and I certainly don't want to patronize you. I also emphatize with you for I know very well how it feels when someone takes your creations and ideas claiming them as their own, the anger, frustration, let alone the of loss of income. It might have been my Dutch choice of words getting misinterpreted or the time of nite I wrote it (3:30am, my timezone is GMT+1, 7 hours ahead of Renderosity time). I have no intention whatsoever to get into conflict with you or anybody else here at Renderosity. So, again, I appologize if I gave you the wrong impression. Having said that, I think it doesn't really matter whether I believe you or bebop/virchual. I haven't had any dealings with either of you. I only know you from your work or postings in threads. And that's the whole point, I simply dunno who to believe (and I guess more people outhere have the same problem), hense my request for proof. Why? Well, last November I barged into this Forum flocking a member for claiming a new texture as his own which was unmistakingly a copy of SteffyZ's Asia. Just looking at the texture was enough to get convinced. Still, proof was demanded (who was I to go public with an issue like that?). So I took the time and effort to create a side by side comparison which proved what I had found. Nevertheless, I felt inclined to appologize to the guy for barging in like that as he seemed sincere in making an honest mistake. ( original post: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=473380 ) ( my proof : http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=473995 ) And that's what I meant with responsibility, this is a public area and it's easy enough to flame people publicly making it hard to defend themselves. My lesson for that day was to take my responsibilities and act accordingly. And no, you dont have to agree with anything I write, thank God for individuality, as it is only my view at things. I hope you will find a way to get compensated for your stolen work.... Maxx :-) BTW: I am not a vendor, but I know Renderosity gets 50% of the sales, what is their role in proving ownership of creations? BTW2: This is just me expression my own frustration: the software stolen from me was an extensive library of development tools I had created. A collegue took off with it, claiming it to be his own. I had neither the means nor the measures to proof otherwise and a few dozen of the packages got sold at 10K a piece, that's right, $10,000. My head hurts again thinking of it.