Forum: Bryce

Subject: I think im right in saying

airflamesred opened this issue on Mar 04, 2002 ยท 24 posts

tuckersaur posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 1:14 PM

Attached Link: http://www.scotttucker3d.com/intro_galframes.html

I've been using Bryce since version 1.0 and I am constantly amazed at the way the mags and some pros put down Bryce. They say: It doesn't render fast enough... It isn't a good modeler... It can't do vegetation (have they ever USED Bryce 5)? Bryce has always traded speed for beauty and is not meant for a production workflow. Bryce does have some of the most gorgeous renders on the planet. Bryce was never meant to be a modeler, but people bring their modeling skills TO Bryce and do amazing images with it with primitives, terrain models and imports. With patience b5 makes some awesome trees and plantlife. Bryce has the most loyal following of any 3d app out there and probably has the biggest amount of users. Who cares what they say - if you use it and enjoy it then you GET Bryce and that is all that matters. I use some of the midrange and the high-end apps, but I always come back to Bryce - Bryce has soul - it just feels right. The other apps can't say that.

I have never come close to making an image like this in any of the other apps - I think that speaks to the soul of Bryce. It just feels right when you're in there : )