Forum: Carrara

Subject: RayDream texture

adam opened this issue on Jan 12, 2000 ยท 15 posts

ClintH posted Sat, 15 January 2000 at 8:34 PM

Adam, willf is right. Thats one way to do it. You will have more control over texturing with that method. The quick and dirty way is: Export the file as WaveFront OBJ from RDS. Open UVMapper and read in the OBJ file you just Exported from RDS. Create the map in UV Mapper. Then Save the Model (OBJ) and Texture map from UV Mapper. It is important that you now use the OBJ file that you just saved out of UV Mapper. UV Mapper places mapping coordinates in this OBJ file. Now Import the OBJ file you just saved from UV Mapper back into RDS. Use the Eye Dropper on the model in RDS to pull up the Shader Editor. In the Color chanel of the Shader place a Texture map. Use the one that you just Saved from UV Mapper. If you dont color the texture map it should place the grid pattern on the pen. You might have to rotate the Texture Map in the RDS Shader Editor... If you still have problems post back. Regards, Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))