Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Feedback to DAZ on Stephanie

danfarr opened this issue on Mar 14, 2002 ยท 106 posts

pj-bear posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 3:31 PM

Thanks for Stephanie. I think a lot of what looks like dissatisfaction with Steph is not dissatisfaction with the figure itself, but confusion about what exactly it is inside, which is something one has to understand to use it fully. My skill level is intermediate, and frankly I had, and am still having, a hard time figuring out exactly what can and cannot be done with Steph. The pitch seemed to suggest at first that morphs, texutures, clothing could be moved from michael to steph because the meshes were basically the same. This impression turned out to be false. So she is not really something to mix and match with mike as it first seemed. If there is some way to apply mike armor, sports clothes etc. then I would have appreciated instructions. All in all, I think a few more paragraphs of explanation and instruction in FAQ for example would have avoided a lot of what you see as ingratitude. My efforts at applying mike morphs did not come out worth a darn. So is there some key to knowing when it is worth trying out a mike morph on Steph? Does one have to remove her morphs first or what? Can she be morphed or morph-deleted back to Mike and then morphs applied and tweaked back to a version of Steph? Etc. etc. Again, thanks, but don't mistake confusion for ingratitude. It does not help that the Poser manual and the Mortimer handbook are not very good about explaining the Poser basics that you may assume we all have.