Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Feedback to DAZ on Stephanie

danfarr opened this issue on Mar 14, 2002 ยท 106 posts

TalmidBen posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 7:43 PM

"They're emasculating Michael and giving him breats, slapping a $30 price tag on her and calling her a bargain?" 40.00 for both Mike 2 and Stephanie is the BEST BARGAIN online. And How about this "bargain"? http://www.turbosquid.com/HTMLClient/FullPreview/FullPreview.cfm/ID/160323/Action/FullPreview "considering how much most of us have paid for Victoria, the supposedly end all be all of Poser Female Models." Daz has not dropped Vicky in favor of Steph, but have included Stephanie for more range, versatility. "It would almost seem that Daz was trying to make up for their own in ability to produce a better Victoria with more range." Inability? I've seen just the opposite. In fact, I've even heard the words "Vicky 3.0" - and I wonder how one can do better than Vicky? How can they surpass V2? Include more morphs? Sure. But could this mean multiple limbs (that would be cool!). How much farther can one go? If anyone can do it, its Daz. "We've got scads of them already!" We have the p4 Posette, who is nowhere near Vicky's quality, and now we have a new model that can use Mike's textures! Yee-haw. The other model we have is Posette. The more variety, the better! ". . .something that tosses all that (save the clothing) out the window" This is incorrect. They are not dropping Vicky. They are simply "adding" Stephanie. vicky is not obsolete, nor is she going to be left alone by Daz. "Hasn't Daz got enough of our money with Vicky 2?" I haven't spent a dime on the model of Stephanie (I bought textures). She's free. And if you don't want Stephanie, you can stick with Vicky. I guarantee you there are not better female models on the web this cheap. "I can actually see a great many of the advantages that were not evident in the 'text' above." Amen! "I personally agree, Vicky is sadly lacking in several departments and Stephanie seems to be addressing lots of these from what I hear." Even if Vicky is lacking (which I don't see), I guarantee there is not another model that could rival her (aside from Stephanie). "The unfortunate part is that Vicky could not have been used to upgrade into Stephanie" Stephanie isn't an upgrade of Vicky, and in fact, has less morphs than V2 (however, I bet a Stephanie 2 will come along soon) "... or at the very least that Daz could not have included a Texture map that would have allowed Vicky's textures to be used on Stephanie." They are sellign a texture map, and you can find a few free ones in the free stuff section. "producing a new female model with michael's texture map only seemed a bit on the side of shabby for me." What could they have made that would rival Stephanie? "while she was intended to be /MUCH/ more versitile than Victoria in morphs," I also think this is incorrect. I don't remember seeing this stated anywhere. She is simply an additional Millennium figure, and she is not supposed to replace Vicky. "Personally I feel that DAZ could have gone to a smidge more effort and put together a remap so that she could use the textures we already have" You can use the Mike textures, I've done it. The torso will be a little off, but just put a shirt on. Also, I do not see how it could be possible to remap of Stephanie, since she is built of Mike's mesh. I don't think it can be done. "Michael's facial, chest and pubic hair on a woman..... wow... big improvement ;)" This is not the intended use, and is not intended to be an "improvement" - but an innovation. Steph is not supposed to top Vicky. Again, I love Stephanie, she's a great model and well worth the price." "It kinda takes the point out of 'free' don'tcha think?" Not in my opinion. It simply expands the versatility of my library. Ben