Forum: Community Center

Subject: Farewell to PFO

KateTheShrew opened this issue on Jan 17, 2000 ยท 18 posts

KateTheShrew posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 12:36 AM

Whatever it becomes, Freakachu, it won't be the "PFO" as we know it, and believe me, that will be a GOOD thing. I may wander over to see what, if any, changes are being made, but I will stand firm on my conviction not to hold membership in the PFO. Not so long as antics like those pulled by Dave L are condoned. It's immature, irresponsible, and if my son had ever done anything like that I would have knocked him senseless because I raised him to have better manners than that. What Dave did was beyond rude, it was the act of someone with no class or breeding whatsoever. I simply won't be associated with something like that. By editing and re-writing 2ndPlanet's post, he showed a complete disregard for any opinion other than his own. The very fact that he could do such a thing showed me that I could not be certain that my words, my thoughts, my opinions would not undergo the same treatment should he disapprove of them. He's an administrator, he has a responsibility to the membership. He betrayed that responsibility by altering that post. In all conscience, I simply cannot support a place where that happens. This time it was 2ndPlanet. Next time it will be someone else. I simply don't want that someone else to be me. Yes, it may have been only once, but it was still once too often. Kate