Forum: Community Center

Subject: Farewell to PFO

KateTheShrew opened this issue on Jan 17, 2000 ยท 18 posts

KateTheShrew posted Tue, 18 January 2000 at 1:18 PM

So far, I haven't recieved any flak over this, either public or private. I have recieved a few "there might have been a better way, but you do what you think is right" notes and a couple of "2ndPlanet isn't the only one they did this to" notes, but that's pretty much it. If the e-mails are correct and the editing of 2ndPlanet's posting was NOT the first time this happened, then I am even MORE convinced that I did the right thing. At least the right thing for ME. We have to make our own decisions and follow our own paths here. For those that remain a part of the current PFO, I wish them well and hope that they can finally make the place into the worthwhile resource that it once was and should become. They will just have to do it without me. And to those who have been so supportive, both publicly and privately, I thank you. I've been more sick at heart and sad than angry and I think that's what has been the most painful part of this. It would be easier if I were simply angry, but these were people I considered leaders, people I respected (well, some of them) for their talent, their knowledge, and their willingness to share that with the rest of us. There truly are some good people at the PFO, just as there are here and they are going to have a difficult task ahead of them. Kate