Forum: Photography

Subject: Is it Photography or something else

pnevai opened this issue on Mar 18, 2002 ยท 21 posts

PunkClown posted Wed, 20 March 2002 at 12:24 AM

Slynks, it was a B&W of a bollard that I posted months ago and have sebsequently deleted because my gallery was getting ridiculously bloated....I tend to agree with Maygen, all these debates seem to do is go over old ground and elicit different opinions from different people. The reason I wanted pnevail to read the interview on Uelsmann's site was there was a telling comment there about how he showed his photographs, (all produced with "traditional" technique ie Camera, Film, Darkroom, Chemicals etc, remember)...to the Photography department at his college (or wherever, I can't remember sorry) they sort of sniffed, and said "That's all very interesting, but it's not really Photography, is it?" or words to that effect! Beware the dangers of INERTIA, in any field...If everyone had those dudes attitudes throughout the course of human artistic endevours, then I guess it would be quite possible we would all still be daubing clay marks on cave walls, instead of revelling in the wonderful variety of media we have now to express our individual creativity! :-)>