Forum: Vue

Subject: OK, screw Vue4!!!!! I've had it!

JoeBlack opened this issue on Mar 29, 2002 ยท 22 posts

jstro posted Fri, 29 March 2002 at 4:24 PM

I have a 1.4 Ghtz Athalon, with a GeForce2 Pro 64MB video card. Vue worked like **** until Steve told me to turn off OpenGL in Vue. Since then it works fine, with the exception that it seems to "weed" graphics in preview windows. But no crashes and good enough for me. I just use it for hobby work. Since you are serious about getting real work, I think you should definitely upgrade your system. A fast PC is fairly cheap now. But I would not go with a gaming card (such as mine) but with a real OpenGL card, if you can afford it. Besides hoping to solve the Vue crashing problems, don't forget the other main reason to go for an upgrade. Time is money. If it takes you 12 hours to render something now, and it only takes you 40 minutes on a fast PC with a good video card, would that not earn you more cash? We all ought to have a rendering timing test, so folks like Joe can decide if it is cost effective to upgrade. If Mikej could make a complex scene available for download, and a bunch of us loaded it, rendered at the same setting, and reported back our system specs and the time that it took, seems like that information would be very valuable to folks like Joe who want to make a business decision on the question of whether or not to upgrade. Any thoughts? jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.