Forum: Bryce

Subject: Brycean Blank Canvas

Otis4 opened this issue on Apr 02, 2002 ยท 29 posts

Otis4 posted Thu, 04 April 2002 at 6:44 PM

The Bryce manual is a joke. It's as if they KNEW someone like Susan would come along to show us how it's done. My favorite section, the one I go back to the most, is Chapter 17: Bryce Eye Candy. It definitely helpful to read how other (better) Bryce artists solve their problems. If you push yourself to create interesting/orifinal/personal work, you're not in any danger of adding to the Tang-ness around here. :) I think starting out in the Beginner's Gallery is a good sign. A lot of folks don't have the humilty to admit that their work is embryonic and in need of appropriiate feedback (especially in 3D, where the initial product can be deceptively "art-like"). I spent about 8 months studying and working with Bryce before submitting anything to the various Bryce galleries. I wanted to make sure that I was ready, that my knowledge and experience had reached a level worth showing off. The result was a Bryce Forum Gallery Award, and I was thrilled. I'm getting long-winded again . . so, it's someone else's turn. -Otis