Forum: OT

Subject: removed comment

Max2100 opened this issue on Apr 16, 2002 ยท 46 posts

Sihn posted Wed, 17 April 2002 at 4:08 PM

The galleries and the comments are the virtual equivalent of a real world art show where the elite (or not so elite) are invited to view and COMMENT upon the artist's work. We create art in order to receive commentary, good, ill or even downright ugly. Can you just imagine what it would be like if there was an art show where there were moderators with their ears open for any comment that might offend the artist? What about the all important, yet generally and universally reviled art critic that is often so important to an artist's marketing success? Let's delete him. The fact is, we're artists. And when we place something in a public gallery we certainly do want those positive responses, but there will always be bad ones as well. Toughen up that thin skin and grin and bear it. Trolls, rude people, etc. are part of RL. Renderosity has to enforce the TOS, and that I'll not argue against, but if someone wants to look at my blue water sprite and go "yuck! that's a lot of damn blue!" I can live with it. I'll probably cry, but that's life. s