Forum: OT

Subject: removed comment

Max2100 opened this issue on Apr 16, 2002 ยท 46 posts

Entropic posted Wed, 17 April 2002 at 4:41 PM

Reminds me of something interesting... What bothers me in a gallery comment is when the person makes a statement that is obviously misinformed. For instance, the first time I posted an image under my Entropic nick, the first person to post on the image ( who has since been banned in three different incarnations for personal attacks ) said they didn't like the image because it was "abstract", and it was actually their intention to troll the image, although they did a piss-poor job of it. The problem I had wasn't that the person was trying to make me look bad, it was that they obviously didn't know what the term "abstract" refers to in art, and, yet, a few people later on took their lead and critiqued the image based upon its "abstractness." I was pretty peeved, but I never asked to have the comment removed, even though it was completely extraneous and ran totally counter to the image as a whole, because I figured, oh, well... I was the one that enabled comments and thus, gave everyone, regardless of their actual credibility, the right to say what they thought. Regards, Paul