Forum: OT

Subject: removed comment

Max2100 opened this issue on Apr 16, 2002 ยท 46 posts

beelzebulb posted Fri, 19 April 2002 at 1:58 AM

Quote; "the whole point of allowing comments and ratings IS to let people tell you what they think of your work. if someone really doesn't like a piece of your art, or a tecnique you've used, and you've enabled comments, as long as they don't attack you for doing your art them telling you they don't like it isn't trolling. i don't see that there is anything we can do to change that. trolling is when someone makes negative reference to YOU personally in a comment that should remain focused on your artwork." End Quote So, if I sday something like; "This picture sux big time and you do crappy work and you have no talent in any conceivable form that is apparent so why don't you pack it in loser?" That would be considered a "personal" attack right? However, if I word it; "This picture is very poorly done and in my opinion you are not showing any improvement that I can discern so may I suggest that you try another way to express your artistic yearnings such as paint by numbers kits?" would that be considered a pesonal attack?? Especially if that is the way I feel and even moreso if the person who I critique really is "bad bad bad" and offends my very sensibilities whenever I view one of thier monstrosities which they insist on posting in the galleries?