Forum: Challenge Arena

Subject: How about a story?

melanie opened this issue on Apr 13, 2002 ยท 67 posts

RimRunner posted Tue, 23 April 2002 at 9:24 PM

In addition to Melanies words This isnt the Validation or even Recognition forum, its the Challenge forum. Anyway can challenge the rest of us with their ideas (within reason & TOS guidelines). Personally I thought this was a great idea. Its even possible to show great emotion and story with just a simple pose image as well. Rembrandts Mona Lisa (mentioned earlier) is one of those. Critics and art lovers for years have contested just why she is smiling. There is emotion in that image. (I only used that reference due to its earlier mentioning). So this is not to quantify one style of art over another. Its not to validate the artists here, as better the whole purpose of these challenges is to CHALLENGE you to try something new. Something you might not have thought of. There has been quite a few times when Ive sat down at the computer and every idea runs. So Ive sat here with a blank screen and no ideas. Coming in here has given me the focus or perhaps an idea. Even if its not related to the current challenges. The variety of works in this challenge alone is inspiring. And I for one thank Melanie for the idea. :) - James

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.