Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want to make a 3D animated motion picture? Join Us

jbarnette opened this issue on Apr 30, 2002 ยท 30 posts

jbarnette posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 1:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.realizestudios.com

There is no business model for an "open source movie" becuase money is not invloved. An addition to your portfolio or gallery YES! Or simply being able to say I was part of that project is what I am talking about here.

And true, many ideas like this have died a quick death in the past. This is because no one had any faith in them. It became someone else's project and the people invloved never really got their say...

My job is simply managing... not directing... other projects had a director and he/she told exactly what they wanted. This limited the creative abilities of those invloved so the project died quickly because those working on it never got to actually work on it.

In order to keep things moving forward there has to be some kind of order in the way things are done. It is just one of life's rules. Those who work with me on projects like these won't be given limits other than some basic technical requirements for rendering. I am not going to direct shots like a director. It would be up to those invloved as the community to decide what shots they need... even if they have to vote on it. My job is simply project management.

I also realize that the current computer animated movies available today took 3 years or more. But remember that we are not going for perfection here... nothing has to be photo realistic and there isn't a huge cast of big name actors to work with.

Just us... the people who make up these forums and the online community of 3D animators and graphic artists. And there is a whole lot more talent here than all of Hollywood combined.