Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want to make a 3D animated motion picture? Join Us

jbarnette opened this issue on Apr 30, 2002 ยท 30 posts

Questor posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 2:38 PM

***I never suggested using items in which one purchased.. *,/i> No, you didn't. You used a generalised statement that I saw as a smokescreen to alterior motives. Sorry, but there has been a lot of scam artists around over the last twelve months ripping people off, asking for special "favours" all for "credit in the titles". Games, animations, etc etc. Maybe I am being unfair to you. But your rather loose wording so far has not led me to believe otherwise. Yes, you could make the movie with freestuff items only. Good luck. There's not too many animatable "medieval" clothing items, hair, buildings and such like. Plenty of swords and things sure. Maybe it could be a naturalist medieval movie, all the knights are naked sort of thing. But unfortunately, freestuff makers invariably would like their permission to do this sort of thing. Lots of emails being fired off on a twelve month project. Waiting for answers, watching mail bounce from dead accounts. That certainly WILL make a mess of your schedule. Most freebie authors probably won't mind, but you'd be breaking a variety of laws in different countries if you didn't check. I won't repeat what Ironbear has said about other items. I can see the merit in your suggestion. But it has one or two built in faults that are going to screw it up. Most people here work 6-8 hours a day, many others attend school. This leaves a few who either don't need to work, or can't work. Your 4-8 hour days is going to get messed up. Regardless of my cynical approach to your project. I do wish you luck in this endeavour, but I honestly think you're going about it the wrong way. Too ambitious with apparently too little forethought for the problems that are inherent in this sort of plan. If you are sincere and my suspicions are misplaced, I apologise, but I do seriously think you need to re-evaluate the plan, and the project and make something much less ambitious as a test project just to see how it works out. Open source or whatever, you have certain legal requirements to meet and also must guarantee that non-owners of these files do not have access to them. It's a dangerous ground you're walking with this. Good luck.