Forum: Bryce

Subject: Bryce 6 suggestion-list. Please everyone, tell your wishes for Bryce 6 here!

Rayraz opened this issue on Apr 28, 2002 ยท 43 posts

Stephen Ray posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 4:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.electricimage.com/

Laurie S, Well the thing about network rendering is, it's for animation, a still ( single image ) can only be rendered on 1 computer ( as far as I know ) With network rendering you assign what frames ( of an animation ) will be rendered by what computer. Most all the mid to high ranged apps will network render. I would suggest before you go shelling out 1 or 2 grand on a 3D app, you test drive ( demo ) all that's available. They all have their finer and weaker points, and steep learning curves. Really it's a matter of what suits your needs and pocket book. That's why I suggested EI, it's probably the lowest priced app in it's range ( Max, Lightwave, Cinema 4D ) years & years ago Electric Image was one of the industries top software's ( like when the original Terminator move was made ). But then it fell into the hands of a company that only wanted it for it's rendering technology. So it sat dormant for years. Now it's back in the hands of it's creator ( last 1 1/2 years ) and it's on the raise again. But the companies attitude is, instead of marketing it for the big name studios, their marketing it more for the little guy's ( freelancers and such ) so that's why the price is so low. Shoot they even have a tool kit version ( 2.9 where it was at before they started upgrading again ) for just a little less than what Bryce 5 cost, and it has an upgrade path.

Stephen Ray