Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want to make a 3D animated motion picture? Join Us

jbarnette opened this issue on Apr 30, 2002 ยท 30 posts

bigdog1 posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 4:33 PM

Interesting idea with some merit but I do have a question/suggestion concerning the script, voice actors, and animators. Do you plan on parceling out the work, then having it done and sent in just willy nilly? The reason I ask is that before one line of dialogue is recorded, or one line of pixels is rendered you'd better make sure everybody's on the same page. In the theatrical released animated movies much of the voice work is done early on before rendering, etc. does. One reason is that the animators by hearing the voice work are able to include little things they might not have thought of previously. If you have an animator and a voice actor separately do the line "Friends, Romans, countrymen" you're very liable to end up with that line interpreted two different ways. It's not going to look right if you have the animator do the sequence as though the character were simply beginning a solemn address of the crowd whose paying rapt attention to his every syllable, while the voice actor did his work from the POV that the crowd is unruly and he's having to plead for them to listen to him. Also, I don't think you mentioned having a director, but you're going to need one. Someone is going to have to make sure everyone's going at this the same way to keep what I described from happening. You also need the script in a finalized form. You can do rewrites as the project is going together and have some things redone here and there if needed, but if you don't know exactly what's going to be said, exactly what sort of action is going to take place, and all the other minor details of each scene before anything is started you're looking at a headache of epic proportions down the line.