Forum: Bryce

Subject: Bryce 6 suggestion-list. Please everyone, tell your wishes for Bryce 6 here!

Rayraz opened this issue on Apr 28, 2002 ยท 43 posts

EricofSD posted Tue, 30 April 2002 at 10:47 PM

1. Brushes in the terrain editor other than round. Allow Photoshop brushes maybe just like Bryce allows the PS filters. Whatever it takes, most of the brush work I do in other apps is simple so this would greatly enhance speed and time. 2. Ok, make Poser imports seemless. Put the politics aside and do it. Bryce and poser have the same roots and I for one would like to see the integration. 3. Expand the metaball section to include other primatives like Metasequoia does, for example. 4. Maybe some basic modeling tools like a bend tool, or point drag (magnet). Just the basics, like Metasequoia. 5. Allow export of models in other than obj format. 6. Better documentation on hidden features and some really good tech manuals on the depth of the materials editor. Trust me, Kitchens doesn't cover what I want. I want a thick book on phase settings, noyes fractal information, filter formula information, etc. Really deep into the deep texture editor. I've been trying to make a snow covered mountain texture for a long time now. Snow on top, not on the bottom like Bryce does it (that's not natural) and while I'm close, I still have some problems.