Forum: Photography

Subject: Night For Day Graveyard

ASalina opened this issue on May 05, 2002 ยท 8 posts

ASalina posted Sun, 05 May 2002 at 1:01 PM

Just to give you all an idea of what this picture looked like originally, and how drastically you can modify an image digitally, here's the original. I'm not quite happy with the tint either. I was going for a selenium blue/moonlight sort of duo-tone, but my image manip. program has no direct way of doing that, I had to experiment with a "filter pack" plug-in and then mess with the saturation. The tint doesn't look too obvious on this monitor (I was going for something very subtle) but I can't seem to get the color "cold" enough. Does Photoshop have a duo-toning tool, or does it require a less direct technique? If so, could someone (Michelle did a great job in her "Feeling Blue" image a while ago) explain how it's done? I'm going to re-do the image a couple of ways, one with the background darkened so that there is just a hint of gravestones, and one with the background lightened to give the impression of a more evenly moonlit graveyard. I'll post them both for comparison purposes and get your opinions again. Thanks for the input everyone.