Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT (slightly) PAYPAL Sucks

c1rcle opened this issue on May 07, 2002 ยท 42 posts

PhilC posted Tue, 07 May 2002 at 7:29 AM

I have just phoned the PayPal help desk to check up on this point. They suggested that if you can access your credit card account on line (and most have that option) you can find the security info required as soon as the charge hits your account. Yes there is a one off $1.95 sign up fee because credit cards charge a fee for each transaction. When purchasing goods this charge is born by the seller. If you had opted to sign up and give your bank account details then PayPal would have performed their security checks by depositing money into your account so its something of a swings and roundabouts situation.

I use PayPal exclusively on my site because I do not want to support the costs of maintaining a credit card merchant account. These are fine when things go well but it only takes one or two folks to use stolen cards and for you to incur the charge back for this to hurt big time. Anyone who is being brokered through the Renderosity store will know what I mean. These charges have to go somewhere, my pocket or your's?

I also use PayPal because I am continually impressed by their level of support. When I phoned them this morning (08:00 EDT) they responded within six rings with an honest to goodness live human being not a phone menu. I got that number from their web site, yes you may have to look for it and I've not double checked its location this morning. If you need it just email or message me.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg